Friends and neighbors,
The physical locations of Community Bookstore and Terrace Books are now CLOSED, per the governor’s executive order to close non-essential businesses.
What does this mean?
- We are selling books through our website
- $3 flat-fee Media Mail shipping within the United States
- UPS is the fastest option (4-8 days)
- Orders come from our supplier's warehouses
- In-store pickup is not available
- Expect to wait 4-8 business days for UPS, 6-10 business days for Priority Mail, and 7-14 business days for media mail
With the support of independent bookstores around the country, warehouses are taking extraordinary measures to keep their workers safe. It may take 3-5 days for books to leave a warehouse for shipment. As impatient as we may be, we know this delay is a good thing.
-You will not automatically receive a tracking number, and when you see your order marked "complete" that only means that we have sent the order to the warehouse.
We are happy to help you track your order, but please allow at least five days before contacting us for a tracking number. Media Mail is neither insured nore traceable, so make sure that the delivery address is correct and accepts the delivery option you selected.
We cannot thank our bookstore community enough for its continuous support over the decades, and especially over the last several weeks.
Stay healthy. Be well.
We’ll see you back here soon, when the garden's in bloom.
- Ezra, Stephanie, and all of us at Community Bookstore and Terrace Books