On Our Shelves - Check Location
Other Books in Series
This is book number 4 in the The Reading House series.
- #1: The Reading House Set 1: Letter Recognition A-L (Paperback): $14.99
- #2: The Reading House Set 2: Letter Recognition M-Z (Paperback): $14.99
- #3: The Reading House Set 3: Introduction to Short Vowel Sounds (Paperback): $14.99
- #5: The Reading House Set 5: Short Vowels and Reading for Fluency (Paperback): $14.99
- #6: The Reading House Set 6: Introduction to Long Vowel Sounds (Paperback): $14.99
- #7: The Reading House Set 7: Long Vowel Blends and Sight Words (Paperback): $14.99
- #8: The Reading House Set 8: Long Vowels and Reading for Fluency (Paperback): $14.99
READY, SET, READ! Take the next step towards confident reading skills with The Reading House: Set 4--part of a brand-new learn-to-read program that's perfect for kids aged 4-7. The best choice for at home or in the classroom--with a bonus sticker sheet!
Set 4: Short Vowel Clusters and Sight Words includes 12 leveled storybooks featuring colorful animal characters, an activity sheet, a classroom guide with suggestions for use, and reward stickers. In Set 4, children will learn to:
1) Recognize varied short vowel sounds and word families
2) Blend short vowel word families with initial consonants and digraphs
3) Read more complex sentences with many sight words and varied short vowel sounds for meaning
The Reading House uses a clear, step-by-step method to guide children from letter recognition to phonemic awareness all the way up to independent reading. With lively, accessible text and an engaging cast of animal friends, this bright series proves that learning to read can be fun. And the included instruction guide means any parent or teacher can ensure success wherever they are!
About the Author
Marla Conn is a reading and literary specialist with a Master's of Science in Elementary Education and Reading. She has worked with HarperCollins, Simon & Schuster, PRH, and many others, and is also the creator of the Dear Dragon Developing Readers, based on the work of Margaret Hillert. These leveled readers (A-D) enable emergent readers to build early literacy skills in decoding, fluency, and reading comprehension.