Our staff is taking a breather. Stay safe and consider supporting the American Indian Community House today. We'll be back on Friday.
Visit us inside at Community Bookstore or you can buy books at the door, online or by calling us between 10-5 any day at Community Bookstore, or 11-5 every day at Terrace Books.
What does this mean?
- We are selling books through our website
- $3 flat-fee Media Mail shipping within the United States (takes 7-14 days)
- UPS is the fastest option (4-8 days)
- Orders come from our supplier warehouse
- In-store pickup is not available
Many weighty tomes have been written about early 20th-century Eastern Europe — its wars, revolutions, ethnic conflicts — but Isaac Babel catalogs these inexhaustible histories in a few short pages. His compact stories, which capture the essence of a vast array of characters and settings, always give me vertigo. We see a similar vertigo effect take hold of Isaac Babel’s grandson, Andrei Malaev-Babel, in David Novack’s documentary Finding Babel. The film chronicles Malaev-Babel’s search for traces of his grandfather’s life, from his upbringing in Odessa, to his stint with the...